Complete Video Solutions

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WEVA Expo: Day 1 & 2

Day 1 (Monday) of the WEVA Expo started off with an Awards Banquet, where this year's WEVA Creative Excellence Awards were given out to the best in the business...Categories such as Bridal Elegance Videos, Short-Form Ceremony, Post-Ceremony Coverage, Photo Montage Production, and Concept Videos were pretty incredible.

Day 2 was packed from morning to night with seminars, most of the ones I attended were marketing based...Seeing that I am a fairly new company (although I've been doing wedding videos for 9 years!) I am always looking for new ways to reach brides, and to stay on top of the latest technologies.

Most interestingly though, was AFTER the seminars ended last night (Tuesday). As I went to the Lobby Lounge of my hotel, I ordered dinner and a drink, and although I am 30 I still must have my boyish good-looks (ha!) since the waitress asked for my ID. Now, I could have sat anywhere in the huge bar area, or went to any of the 4 restaurants in my hotel, but I happened to sit in Erika's section. Erika, as it turns out (as she noticed my Michigan License) just happens to be from Michigan, and as again fate would have it....is engaged to be married next August!!!! She had no idea the hotel was host to a Wedding Video Convention, and our random encounter led to an exchange of information, as I hope to be her wedding videographer next year!

Oddly enough, she is having her Reception at Lovett Hall, which I JUST shot at 2 weeks ago, as well as JUST edited a video I had shot there in July. Such randomness I think is cool, and I definitely believe in fate when it comes to strange coincidences!

So overall the Expo has been exciting, but how funny to have come all this way to actually meet a local Michigan bride!

From Orlando,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment